The Town is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Women Business Enterprises are encouraged to apply.
General Employment Application
Town of Durham
Information Technology Coordinator
Full Job Description
The Town of Durham is seeking a part time, 15 hour per week, Information Technology Coordinator. This position is responsible for managing the in-house computer hardware and software systems as the primary IT point of contact and project manager. The coordinator will also oversee onsite servers, storage devices, workstations, printers and Wi-Fi/network infrastructure to ensure high rates of uptime and security across the IT infrastructure. The IT Coordinator also will participate in the planning and implementation of new IT strategies, policies and procedures to ensure provisioning and maintenance is consistent with Town goals, industry best practices and security/regulatory requirements.
Required Qualifications: Microsoft Certification (Min: MCSE/MS Security Administrator level), 4+ years in a helpdesk or IT environment, experience in budgeting and contract negotiations, 4+ years’ experience in IT policy & procedure development, highly proficient in LAN network and WIFI systems, knowledge of software strategies and best practices and knowledge of a municipality environment preferred.
Paid Sick Time
Vacation and Holiday
Friendly work environment
Application Process: Application, Resume, and Cover Letter indicating your experience in work listed above can be mailed to: Office of the First Selectman, Town of Durham, P.O. Box 428, Durham, CT 06422 or by email to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: June 30, 2021
Application and full job description can be found on the town website www.townofdurhamct.org
Summer Public Works
Town of Durham
The Town of Durham is seeking qualified applicants for the summer public works program.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
Must be of 18 years of age
Possess a current ST of CT driver’s license
Successfully pass a pre-hire drug and alcohol test and physical exam
Job duties include heavy lifting and working in adverse weather conditions . These positions are for a temporary duration and offer no benefits. Applications are available at the Durham Town Hall or at the above General Employment Application found above.
Head of Youth Services
The Durham Public Library seeks an innovative, flexible, and experienced librarian to join our team and lead our Youth Services Department, serving youth from birth to 18 and their families. Our ideal candidate will be energetic, collaborative, committed to professional growth and learning, and display a strong commitment to public service to children and youth.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing administrative oversight of the youth services department, including developing budgets and marketing materials, assessing the success of programs and services, supervising the Youth Services Librarian, and mentoring library staff
- Planning and conducting innovative programs and services for children and youth, including preschool storytimes and summer reading programs
- In conjunction with the Youth Services Librarian, developing and maintaining the youth print and media collections
- Engaging in outreach to schools, daycares, and other community organizations
- Delivering reference and reader’s advisory services to children and families
Qualifications desired include:
- An MLIS degree from an accredited library school
- Three years’ professional experience as a librarian, experience in youth services essential, supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge of children’s literature, best practices in early literacy children’s programming, and child development
- Experience in developing engaging, hands-on programming for school-aged children. STEM programming experience desired
- Strong organizational and communications skills
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects, and ensure that tasks are completed accurately and on time
- Strong commitment to warm and welcoming public service required
This is a full-time, non-union position (35 hours per week). Starting salary $53,421, with full benefits. Some evenings and Saturdays required. Those interested in applying may send a cover letter, resume, and three references to Christine Michaud, Library Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, June 25, 2021.