The Town is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Women Business Enterprises are encouraged to apply.
General Employment Application
Town of Durham –Public Works
Road/Highway Maintainer I
The Town of Durham is seeking a candidate for a full-time Road/Highway Maintainer I in the Public Works Department.
Qualifications/Requirements: a High School Diploma or GED with a minimum of 2 years of construction and heavy vehicle driving experience; or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training. Must have and maintain a valid CT CDL Driver’s License and submit to CDL Drug testing regulations.
Application Process: Application, Resume, and Cover Letter indicating your experience in work listed above to First Selectman, Town of Durham, P.O. Box 428, Durham, CT 06422 or by email to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: July 30, 2021
Application and full job description can be found on the town website www.townofdurhamct.org/employment
Durham Public Library
- Library Page/Shelver
- 7.5 hours per week /$12.00 per hour (rising to $13.00 per hour August 1st).
- Applicable library experience
- Must be 16 years of age
- Ability to read, write, and alphabetize
- Ability to learn the Dewey Decimal system and other library filing systems
- Familiarity with office computer applications
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and patrons.
- Attention to detail
- Returns items to shelve accurately
- Assists with maintaining order of collection
- Assists with creating displays
- Assists with preparations for library programs
- Assists with maintaining order and cleanliness of library
- In addition to essential functions, all employees are expected to carry out other duties as assigned
To apply please complete the General Employment Application at http://www.townofdurhamct.org/Employment and send completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 24, 2021.
Summer Public Works
Town of Durham
The Town of Durham is seeking qualified applicants for the summer public works program.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
Must be of 18 years of age
Possess a current ST of CT driver’s license
Successfully pass a pre-hire drug and alcohol test and physical exam
Job duties include heavy lifting and working in adverse weather conditions . These positions are for a temporary duration and offer no benefits. Applications are available at the Durham Town Hall or at the above General Employment Application found above.