Public Safety Facility Renovations Planning Committee
|Agendas and Minutes:
Listing files in 'Public Safety Facility Renovations Planning Committee'
||2016 Meeting Schedule
|Project Summary and Schematic Design Report:
Public Safety Complex Compilation Draft Report
Schematic Design Report
|Powers and Duties:
Public Safety Facility Renovations Planning Committee Charge:
- The Committee shall consist of 9 members with the option for
appointing more members if needed. Members will be appointed
by the Board of Selectmen.
- The terms of office shall be for the duration of the project and
until the committee is discharged.
- The Committee shall elect its own Chairman, Vice-Chairman
and Secretary and shall establish a regular meeting schedule.
All records of the Committee shall be filed with the Town Clerk
and open to public inspection in accordance with applicable State
- Members shall serve without financial compensation.
- The Committee shall not have a budget of their own, but may
request funds for specific purposes through the Board of Finance
and Board of Selectmen process.
- The Committee shall review prior studies regarding public safety
renovations and space needs. The Committee shall consult with
the Chiefs of Service of each public safety department.
- The Committee shall consult an expert opinion on mold remediation
of the town owned houses.
- The Committee shall create biddable building plans to incorporate
the Volunteer Fire Department, Volunteer Ambulance Corps,
Emergency Management Department, Office of the Resident
State Trooper and Fire Marshal on the current firehouse site,
including town owned property adjacent to the firehouse.
- The Committee shall create an RFP to be managed by the town’s
- The Committee shall participate in the Grant Application process
- The Committee shall interface with Town Hall management and
staff during the planning process.
- Upon completion of the planning project, the Committee shall
make a complete report and accounting to the Board of Selectmen.
- The Committee shall assist the Board of Selectmen in presentations
at Town Meetings, Budget Meetings, Public Hearings, etc. as needed.
||Board of Selectmen
|Term of Office:
||Until project complete
|Constitution of Board/Quorum:
9 members/ 5 member quorum
|Current Board Members:
David Heer, Co-Chairman
Andy Meiman, Co-Chairman
Edward Mik, Jr.