The Town is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Women Business Enterprises are encouraged to apply.
General Employment Application
Durham Middlefield Youth & Family Services, Inc., a non- profit Youth Service Bureau serving Durham and Middlefield, has an immediate opening for a Prevention Coordinator for a federally funded Drug Free Communities Support program. See more information about Durham Middlefield Youth & Family Services www.DMYFS.org and the Durham Middlefield Local Wellness Coalition www.DMLWC.org
This is a 10 year grant funded position, currently in the seventh year of funding. The grant is expected to continue through 2022. In and out of state travel is required. The position will require evening availability at times. Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for local travel. Mileage will be reimbursed at the Federal rate.
Responsibilities include: Coordinating and facilitating coalition services and project activities; incorporating the five steps of the Strategic Planning Framework into all Coalition and sector member activities; insuring ongoing assessment and capacity building activities; data collection, reporting and dissemination; resource development and grant writing for sustainability of coalition efforts and other duties as determined by the Executive Director.
Qualifications/Experience: A successful candidate will possess the following qualifications, experience and characteristics:
- Post-secondary education in Social Work, Community Organization, or related field with experience working with and developing community coalitions;
- Experience in and knowledge of evidence-based substance abuse prevention practices, the dynamics of community coalitions and community approaches to prevention;
- Experience in networking, building consensus and coordinating diverse groups in accomplishing a unified plan of action;
- Good relationship building skills with ability to reach out to representatives and members from all community sectors and work easily with people in various positions;
- Well organized and detail-oriented with ability to maintain a high level of performance while managing multiple tasks;
- Able to accurately track, analyze and report program data;
- Grant writing experience (preferred, not required);
- Self-motivated, extroverted and energetic with strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience in developing training and marketing materials using multiple media approaches;
- Strong computer skills.
Interested candidates should submit their resume, three references and cover letter to: