The Town is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Women Business Enterprises are encouraged to apply.
General Employment Application
Durham Public Library
Position: Library Page/Shelver
• 7.5 hours per week /$10.10 per hour
• Applicable library experience
• Must be 16 years of age
• Ability to read, write, and alphabetize
• Ability to learn the Dewey Decimal system and other library filing systems
• Familiarity with office computer applications
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff and patrons.
• Attention to detail
• Returns items to shelve accurately
• Assists with maintaining order of collection
• Assists with creating displays
• Assists with preparations for library programs
• Assists with maintaining order and cleanliness of library
• In addition to essential functions, all employees are expected to carry out other duties as assigned
To apply please complete the General Employment Application (found above) and send completed applications to email@example.com no later than August 9, 2019.
Towns of Durham & Middlefield
The Towns of Durham and Middlefield, CT are seeking a full-time Town Planner. This position will offer a unique, professional opportunity to engage in planning for two communities that jointly provide various critical municipal functions. The Towns work collaboratively on many projects and have shared the services of the same consulting planner for over 20 years. They are now interested in retaining the services of a full-time professional planner. Durham and Middlefield are rural, bedroom communities that have exciting growth potential. The position provides full medical and retirement benefits. Salary Range $75,000 - $85,000 based on qualifications and experience.
Qualifications: This position requires a Master’s Degree in Planning or a related degree from an accredited college or program; and have experience in Planning or Community Development, or any equivalent combination of education, training and work experience. Certification or working toward certification by the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) is required.
Application Process: Send Application, Resume and Cover Letter to First Selectman, Town of Durham, P.O. Box 428, Durham, CT 06422 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: August 30, 2019
For detailed information regarding the position and to obtain an application visit the Durham town website, www.townofdurhamct.org